Sunday, January 4, 2009

On - off - on - off - on - off






That is how this blogging has been lately. Very irritating. But - this time it is not our fault! Telia, Swedish version of Eircom, has taken bloody forever getting our broadband up and running, and it is so much easier writing all this at home than at work. Never mind the fact that I don't think they are paying me to blog during working hours.

So, where are we now? Well, we have survived both Christmas and New Years Eve. Actually, we more than survived. Christmas was spent with my brother and his family here in Sala, and we even had a minuscule amount of snow - but enough to sort of just about cover the ground. We did on the other hand have more food than to just about cover the table, so no complaints there. Even if the ham wasn't of the biblical proportions that we saw at the Higgins' table the Christmas before. I stumbled across 2 photos of turkey and ham from then, and have duly posted them here.
Liam was during the week coming up to Christmas, begging me daily to open up some of the pressies he got for me. He really is worse than a kid!
I did get some lovely pressies though, both from him and from my parents, Bill and Sharon and Mary. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

On Christmas day we went to Tierp (we do all the major celebrations here on Christmas Eve, so Christmas day is the big party day) and had dinner with everyone again. More food, but oh so nice!
Later that evening Liam and I headed down for the yearly home coming event in Tierp. An old style dance where you are required to hold your partner. Funnily enough, this is one of the big events, simply for the fact that this is the time and place to catch up with people you haven't met for donkeys. And, of course, to get absolutely arsefied.
On or way there (normally a 15 minute walk) my dear husband, who incidentally had refused proper shoes for walking on snowy and icy roads, slipped and landed on his arse 3 times. No need to say I laughed until I cried, cause I was wearing proper shoes. (Been there, done that...)
On our way home a couple of hours later, dear hubby was a small bit worse for wear, so we walked SLOWLY, to avoid falling. But, I think that the effects of the alcohol probably helped, cause he was a lot less tense when walking and made it all the way to my parents estate before falling. He did, on the other hand, manage to fall 4 times in 400 metres... Did I laugh??

Anyways, New Years we spent in Lingbo with Therése, Jimmy and Moa. We went sledding midday, and had loads of fun. Liam nearly hit the trees a few times, but only nearly. The highlight of his day was when a friend of Therése´s came on his snow mobile, and gave Liam a spin. He glowed like star afterwards!! Will post some photos of this when I get them from Therése.
For dinner Jimmy had made "tjälknöl" which is moose steak, cooked from frozen in 75 degrees during 12-14 hours. It is absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!
On the 1st of January, and just before we headed back to Tierp to pick up the dogs, we went ice fishing. It can be summed up in two words - if you ask me: FECKING FREEZING! If you're not a huge fishing fan, or dressed in the kind of shoes you use for snow mobiling, it is simply only cold and boring. But, Liam enjoyed it, and that is really the main thing.

When I woke up this morning, I thought the bedroom was a bit chillier than usual (we always sleep with an open window), but after having looked at the thermometer, it made total sense. It was -15 degrees.
We went for a short walk on one of the frozen lakes today, it was very nice and very cold.

Over and out for now!

No comments: