Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quick step

Today Michael surpassed himself in the world of exercise.
I was taking the baba's for a walk, a long walk, and asked if the boys wanted to come. Well, I did not as much ask as tell them that they were coming. Liam has learnt the lesson, and opted for the bike.
Michael on the other hand said, with a confident smile, that he'd be able to keep up no problem.
So, we stepped outside and the first thing Michael said was... "It's raining...I'm not walking!" And that with only a slight drizzle! I mean, the boy is Irish, he should be used to it by now!!
Anyways, off we trotted (Liam cycling), and the rain did actually increase. Then again, it wasn't like it was lashing down or anything.
Already after 100 meters or so, Michael go all winded and got a nice red glow to his cheeks, and I decided that maybe we shouldn't go for the 7 km walk I had intended... Instead we turned right and headed for my normal 3 km morning walk.
I have to admit now, that Michael did keep up quite well to start with. He plodded on like a stubborn old plodder of a horse, so fair play to him.
As we were coming to the end of walk, we let Michael decide whether to turn right and head straight home, or go left and extend the walk a bit. And to my surprise he choose left!
4,5 km's later we arrived home, and Michael collapsed on the couch. I don't need to say that Liam made fun of him the entire walk, asking if he wanted to sit on the back of the bike, and constantly saying that Michael should have chosen the bike as well.
Liam has learnt the hard way that the bike really is the better option. I refuse to walk with him, cause he walks so slowly...
But, a nice walk it was indeed!

After recovering we played a game of card or two, and I WHOPPED their arses... or...hmmm...should I be honest??? They well and truly whopped my arse in the first game, but I beat the pair of them well and good the second time around!!

No comments: