Friday, September 4, 2009

When life hands you lemons....



...make lemonade. Or just pour the lemon juice straight into your eyes, cause you'll cry any bloody way!
Yep, positive and optimistic are my middle names today. My first names yesterday, so it is getting better....
Let's just say that it feels like the big bearded fella' above has taken a very long leave and is sitting on a nice sandy cloud somewhere sipping mojitos happily oblivious of the poor little sheep troddin quicksand that he was supposed to help.
Bitter and negative? Me? Well, lets just say I'm checking out the view from this end as a change, and now have trouble finding the path that leads back to my normal "larger than life" and "incurably positive" viewpoint. I'll get there in the end, of that I'm sure, but don't quite know when.

I'm not going to give you the full story, those of you who have followed our year in Sweden know the details anyway. As I reminder I can just point out that there's a mere 13 weeks or so till D-Day...
The straw that broke this particular camel's back yesterday was forgetting a wallet containing a few hundred krona, and all the plastic of course, and last but not least the five pairs of socks I'd just bought at H&M. All of the above was in the plastic bag I got with the socks.
Not until I was getting ready to get off the train in Sala did I realise what I'd left behind.
Started phoning around like a mad woman, cancelling credit cards and god knows what, checking if someone had handed it in, getting M to get one of his friends to go in and see if it was where I'd left it, yadda yadda yadda...
All this done, one of the doggies tipped over a pedestal with a plant on, which ended in a broken pot and a Sara cracking up totally.
Got sent to lie down on the fakir mat with an i-pod plugged into my ear to calm down a bit.
Then burnt the pea-soup...

Anyway, asked at the ticket office this morning if something had been handed in, and lo and behold - there was my wallet! Stripped of money of course, but with everything else un-touched! Well, bar the socks that they'd taken as well. Hope the socks fit and the money bought them something good.

Complaining-session over, thanks for "listening" (those brave enough to actually read this to the end...) and I promise I'll get a GPS to guide me back to my normal point of view till next time!

No comments: