Monday, June 29, 2009

Mediterranean Sweden

Back at work after a FABULOUS weekend! It has been glorious in every sense of the word. On Friday I went to the Kennel club in Sala to watch a group of very good dogs and owners train their dogs under the watchful eye of Maria Hagström. My first doggie course, and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all the tips and instructions. There is soooo much to learn, and I'm going to enjoy every step of the way!
Later the same evening Liam and I packed dinner, dogs and fishing gear into the car and went down to Järndammen. The dogs ran around like lunatics, Liam got scorched in the sun while fishing and I lit the fire and got dinner started. On the menu we had sausage, corn on the cob in tinfoil and potatoes in tinfoil. The latter ones I put on the hot, glowing coal to bake away while I enjoyed the silence.
It was a truly magical evening, with the sun glittering in the lake, birds singing and silence. I realised there and then, that that is what life is all about! Away from stress, cars and concrete...
Dinner turned out well, and the dogs enjoyed their chicken too.
Returning to the car later on were two thoroughly content people and three happy, tired dogs.

On Saturday Ashiki and I headed out into the wilderness to Carina's lovely house. Here we met up with Yvone, Blaze and Cibel and Viktoria with Olle. All three siblings were over the moon to meet again, and ran around like lunatics. After a while we brought out the doggie swimming pool, where Ashiki and Cibel were right in their element. Olle stood watching with a facial expression saying - pools are for babies, I swim in the REAL lake! He didn't get as much as a paw wet. Until they found the muddy ditch that is... Oh the joy of running, digging, jumping and playing in truly muddy yucky water!
Well, at least they were as happy as three 5-month old monsters can be!
Hmm...2 monsters and a Heffalump to be precise. The Heffalump being my Ashiki of course. Cibel and Olle are really petit-looking dogs compared to Ashiki, who bears more resemblence of a Heffalump. More fur, sturdier built and in all fairness a little bit chubby. Not a lot though, but a bit. But they are all three of them totally adorable, and I wouldn't want my Ashiki any other way!
I did weigh him when I got home though, hearing that the others weigh in and around 14-16,5 kg. Ashiki weighs 18 kg! Heffalump for sure. ;)

Yesterday we spent on the beach.
The temperature peaked - according to our themormeter at home - at 29,3 degrees! At one point it was 26,8 degrees outside, and 26,6 inside. Phew! But no, I'm not complaining in any shape or form, I LOVE IT!

Working my last week before the holidays, and found out this morning that the train I usually take at 6.55 is not running during the summer. Today I took a replacement bus, which takes an hour, but for the rest of the week I think I'll take the 06,07 train. Happy days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tack för senast!! Så kul å se återföreningen!!
Haha heffaklumpen är då för go!!! Kolla fotona på min sida!!
I love that dog!!!
Stor Kram Carina m dogs....

Yvonne said...

Tack för senast säger jag med!

Min yngsta son Magnus vart också kallad heffaklump när han var liten. Huvudsaken att man älskar dom!!
Alla är ju vackra på sitt sätt.
Hoppas vi syns snart
Kram Yvonne