Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rain keeps falling on my head.....

....and I'm sick and tired of it! I haven't seen this kind of rain since Ireland. And I do belive one of the reasons we moved away was because of the bleeding weather!!! Well, it has now rained pretty much non-stop for 3 days, and not just the sort of liquid sunshine or soft rain that anyone could survive, but real RAINY rain - the truly wet stuff. So sick of tired of it...

These days I sleep very poorly, something that is quite unfamiliar territory for someone who's out cold the minute the head hits the pillow. I wake up at least once needing the loo. NOW! No longer the "hmmm...I should go to the toilet but suppose I can wait until the morning..." but more of a "I need the toilet NOW, or I will not be held responsible for what may happen." Yet another experience to add to the list.
Well, yesterday I got myself out of bed at just after six to walk the pack. Upon my return I woke Liam up to do the washing (we had the laundry room between 7 and 13), and got back into bed.
Liam then woke me up a couple of hours later with breakfast in bed! Of course the doggies all liked this, and were all prepared to eat any leftovers...
We stayed in bed until late, having a lovely lazy morning.


Today Sharon and I went to Avesta for a dog show. In the rain. It was literally raining cats and dogs, mostly dogs.
I had of course brought Ashiki for some social training - and showing off of my beautiful dog. I can easily say he was one of the kind there, and got lots of attention from the gang of shorthaired dito's with their owners. I was more than a little proud of my wonderboy, who furthermore behaved like a dog who's spent many a weekend in a crowd of dogs and owners.
Sharon showed Chai, who looked like he's been in the showring millions of times! Unfortunately the judge thought that just about everything, except movement and temperament, was wrong. It was so absurd that it in the end at we could do nothing but laugh at the whole thing.
Needless to say, by the time it was time to head home we were all pretty cold and wet.

As cold and wet as I was, I still had a really good day! It's always nice to be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do. All these people there with their beloved dogs, in appaling dreadful weather, all because they love dogs! I know it does go to extremes, especially noticable in the world of show dogs, but still - they are all passionate about their dogs! And I love watching all these different breeds, from the tiniest to be biggest. I'm simply just a sucker for dogs, in all shapes and sizes.

When I got home, still rather wet and cold, my dear hubby decided that a day like this is great for fishing! Yep, you read right, he headed out into the wild with a fishing rod and, waterproof jacket and wellies. The nutter stayed out for hours!!
I suppose he is nearly as passionate about fishing as I am about dogs....

1 comment:

Sharon Elhanati said...

Hihi, din blogg är underbar.......!!!! Tack för support idag i Avesta..... Det var mysigt i alla fall - trots det tråkiga vädret..... Snyggt nytt look på bloggen förresten....
Love...........